Listening to music has several health benefits among them includes:
- Improves mood: helps regulate emotions, and creates happiness and relaxation.
- Reduces stress: Listening to music has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety in healthy people and in patients undergoing medical procedures.
- Lessens anxiety: Listening to music has been shown to reduce anxiety in patients undergoing treatment for cancer.
- Improves exercise: Music can enhance aerobic exercises, boost mental and physical stimulation.
- Improves Memory, eases pain, provides comfort, and improves cognition.
- Helps children with Autism spectrum disorder to improve social interaction, communication skills, and attention skills
- Soothes premature Babies: Live music and lullabies may impact vital signs, improve feeding behaviors and sucking patterns in premature infants
- We join our choirs in celebrating the gift of music that keeps us healthy to the glory and honor of God.
From the Healing Ministry of Health Professionals