“To prayerfully and skillfully organize Sunday worship and other assemblies where teenagers and others who attend the gatherings can continually have encounters with God”.
- Increase SWIFT attendance through age-relevant creations and outreaches.
- Creatively teach aspects of the Presbyterian tradition to the SWIFT congregation at calculated intervals.
- Adopt a relevant yet thorough approach to worship liturgy and Gospel presentation.
- Include parent-teen Sunday worship moments.
- Develop a system where the ministries under the SWIFT umbrella are named and ways forged to ensure effective coordination.
- Incorporate a leadership development arm whose task is to identify potential leaders, support them and give them serving opportunities.
- Minimize the car-park fellowship by assigning specific persons to the task of attending to the matter of teenagers who stay outside the sanctuary.
- Intentionally incorporate choice adults in roles during Sunday worship and other SWIFT ministry moments for the purpose of offering emulatable models on the matter of living the Christian faith.
- Work closely with other related ministries such as schools’ outreach to forge a united effort in the in reach and outreach activities.
- Offer a well-knit weeklong ministry for the teenagers every school holiday.
- Work closely with the Sunday school for the purpose of receiving, orientating and discipling the class 7 and 8s who graduate from Sunday school.
- Desert the image of “young and immature” and instead claim a place in the center stage of the church’s ministry through exemplary worship leadership, intergenerational social and ministry moments, assumption and fulfillment of various church roles as well as community-linked initiatives. All this not for the applause of man but to the glory of God who told Jeremiah “do not say you are only a youth.”