“To prayerfully and skillfully organize a youth-led Sunday worship where the youth and others who attend the assembly can continually have encounters with God”.
- Regularly revisiting the worship liturgy to make it as friendly as is knowable to services core purpose of facilitating a God-encounter.
- Co-ordinate thoroughly with the relevant ministries especially Joyful Sounds, Hospitality and Discipleship by holding monthly monitoring briefs.
- In specifying the preaching themes, prayerfully discern where the congregation is at faithwise and also where our Lord wants them to go. Ways towards this discernment include regular prayer, fasting, consultation and regular honest service evaluations from the leadership and the congregation.
- It is important that the themes always have a contemporary application for the sake of relevance.
- Grow the number of worship attendants through relevant Gospel application, prayer, a fluent liturgy, evangelism, personal invitations and creating a sense of service ownership amongst the congregation.
- Attend to the issue of non-communicants leaving the sanctuary making them look as “outsiders.” This can be addressed by for instance incorporating communion in the body of the liturgy and instead of the elements being passed person to person (which usually is confusing and often disturbingly hurried), the communicants walk forward to a communion “station” near them.
- Continuing and encouraging the Victors’ team which shoulders the worship planning responsibility.
- Liasing with Joyful Sounds to creatively cheer up the children’s blessing and rescue the moment from descending into a seemingly routinized prayer.
- Utilize the available technology to effectively slice and spice the intimations.
- Lias with the Sunday school to develop ways of making the 8.00am Sunday school more supplied and more enriching. If appropriate and necessary, the youth church should invest financially and in personnel to intensify this Children’s worship moment