Some of us have asked – “What is the Stands Project all about?”
One of the aspects we have learnt from the New Testament and church history is the place of Godly enterprise in supplying financial resources for the mission of spreading the Gospel of Christ.
Paul supported his ministry from tent-making. Other Christians supported the work of Paul from their professional and trade sources.
This tells us that the success of the mission of Paul which we all benefit from today was directly related to the financial support he was able to generate by:
- working with his own hands; and also
- receiving from the people in professions and trades who God touched to support his outreach.
As St. Andrews, one of the strengths we have as a church is a successful passion in mission work. We have outreaches of all forms including:
- planting new churches
- supporting the building of Christians based educational and health centers.
- responding to situations of need by providing food and clothing to the needy.
- doing outreach work in schools, prisons and communities